Thursday, 14 December 2017

Travel Make up Essentials

Travelling can be hectic in terms of deciding what to pack. I always like to travel lightly with basic essentials. I remember taking nothing more than a backpack to a 3 night stay in Paris, making it so much easier to move about and it certainly didn't impact my comfort. I apply the same logic when packing make up, being sure to take only the most basic of versatile of items ( I end up purchasing more make up when I travel anyway, I can't help it, I have a problem 😭).

I try to have all my products fit into one make up bag, taking along mostly multi use products or just skipping some all together based on my routine preferences. Some very useful items are eye shadow palettes, especially neutral toned ones that you can also used for contour or even highlight if it includes a shimmery shade. My personal favourites are the Kat Von D Shade and Light eye palette and the E.L.F party ready palette.



(Pictured above) Kat Von D Shade and Light eye palette is a great pick if you're into more neutral tones.

(Pictured above) The E.L.F Party Ready palette would be my preferred palette as I tend to use more colour when it comes to eye-shadow.

Other options would vary upon taste, for instance, this may be a product some may skip all together if they do not incorporate eye shadow into their daily routine. Single eye shadows, duos, trios and quads make better options for lighter packing.

 Another multi use product to throw in your travel bag is concealer. It doubles as an eye primer for me as well as adds more coverage to my usual bb cream as I personally don't take foundation with me.  My holy grail concealer is Tarte's shape tape concealer in "sand" as it lasts all day, application is smooth and it blends so well into the skin. I use it to provide a subtle highlight to give my face some dimension throughout the day.

My picks include: 

- Too Faced Setting Powder.
- Loreal True Match Powder.
-LA Girl Pro BB Cream ( I tend not to use foundation on a daily basis ).
-LA Girl Gel eyeliner in black.
-MAC Blush in Gingerly.
-Josie Maran Black Oil Mascara.
-Tarte Shape Tape concealer.
-Elf Party Ready eye-shadow palette.
-Kat Von D Ink Liner.
-Nyx liquid swede and soft matte lip cream.
-MAC and LA Colours lip liners.  



I tend to have everything fit into one bag to minimise on space.



As for brushes, I take as little as possible as well.




The brushes include:
-A flat eye-shadow brush.
- Fluffy blending brush.
-Angled blush brush (this can also be used for contour and face powder).
- And a fluffy  ELF brush for all over face powder.

So, basically, pack lightly and according to your preferences and daily routine. Try to incorporate multi use products and make use of those smaller palettes in your collection but most importantly, always leave room to buy more!




No comments:

Post a Comment